Carrot, ginger and orange soup
Servings: 5, Serving size: 2 soup ladels per serve, Calories: 98 Calories per serve
500g Carrots, diced
1 Medium Onion chopped finely
1 Leek, chopped
2 Oranges, juiced
Olive oil spray
2 x Campbells stock pots
1/4 tsp Coriander seeds, ground
1.In a medium pot lightly spray some oil and add the onions, garlic and ginger, cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft. Add the carrot and leeks and cook for a further 10 minutes.
2. Whilst the carrot is cooking make up the stock pots by adding 1 litre of boiled water to a bowl and adding the pots and stirring until dissolved. You could also use stock cubes or real stock but the flavour in these I find really adds some punch to soups and dishes.
3. Add salt, pepper and coriander seeds. Add the orange juice and stock to the pot and bring to the boil.
4. Then turn down to a simmer and leave for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Check that the carrot is soft and then use a barmix or hand blender to blend up the smooth until it is thick and smooth.
6. Serve immediately. This soup is freezer friendly and tastes just as good reheated as it does the first time.