Monday 4 March 2013

Cardio Monday

Last week I felt like I was verging on getting sick so on my cardio days I took it easy and didn't do my 12WBT workout as I listened to my body rather than pushing myself.

Today I feel back to normal and so I completed my workout as normal. This workout was no joke, it included the cross trainer, steady state running, running sprints, rowing, burpees and mountain climbers. By the end I was ready to fall in a heap but I was feeling good that I got to the end especially after not feeling like I could give it my all last week.

Whenever I do running sprints I always need music to help get me through. I usually just repeat the same song over and over as it helps me just get on with it. At the moment my favourite sprinting song is Spectrum (Say My Name) by Florence & The Machine. I pause it at the chorus on my breaks and then press play when I have to sprint so that it is blasting in my ears and I can just focus on the music instead of my mind trying to talk me into stopping the sprint early.

Image courtesy: Google images

My favourite workout tracks at the moment are:
  1. Spectrum (Say My Name) - Florence & the Machine, Calvin Harris remix
  2. Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
  3. Trouble - Taylor Swift
  4. Scream and Shout - Will.I.Am & Britney Spears
  5. Don't you worry child - Swedish House Mafia
Right I'm off to work, can't believe it is Monday again already the weekend went way too quick!

Do you have a go to song for when your workouts are at a tough part? What are your favourite workout songs right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment