Saturday 2 March 2013

Sweet and Sour Tofu

My boyfriend absolutely cannot stand tofu so I'm always trying to come up with new ways to cook it to try and entice him to eat it. This recipe I'm hoping will do that but I'm yet to try it out to confirm whether it will get his seal of approval. Even if it doesn't I'm definitely going to keep making it just for me on nights when he is out or has to work back.


Sweet and Sour Tofu
Servings: 1, Serving size: All of it, Calories: 123 Calories per serve

Ingredients:
125g Firm Tofu chopped into cubes
1 tsp Garlic
2 Tbs Tamari (or soy sauce would work too)
2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Water
2 Drops of Stevia or other sweetener (You could also substitute some honey)
Spray oil


1. Spray a small pan with oil and cook Tofu until golden brown on each side.
2. Whilst Tofu is cooking combine garlic, tamari, apple cider, water and stevia in a small bowl. Mix well.
3. Add the mixture to the pan and make sure the tofu is coated thoroughly.
4. Turn the Tofu over once it has started to soak up the mixture.
5. Once the sauce has cooked down, enjoy! I served mine up with some Quinoa, alfalfa, grated carrot, coriander and mushrooms with a drizzle of sweet chilli:

 
Simple but delicious!

Is there anything you absolutely refuse to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment