Monday 20 August 2012

Chicken chop chop salad



Chop chop salad is a very American style salad of chopping all ingredients to around the same size and mixing it all together. I'm not a huge fan of lots of lettuce in big chunks in my salads so this one suits me well. When I found diced cooked chicken breast in the deli section of the supermarket I knew it had the potential to work well in this kind of salad. I usually would have chopped some spinach up and added it too but I didn't have any on hand and it was still delicious and filling anyway. The nuts and seeds add some nice crunchy texture for something different. Another time I may add craisins for some more sweetness.

Chicken Chop Chop Salad
Servings: 1, Serving size: all, Calories: 262 Calories per serve

Ingredients:
75g Cooked chicken breast, diced
5g Slivered almonds
10g Pumpkin seeds
25g Reduced fat Tasmanian feta, diced
20g Green olives, chopped
1/2 Tomato, diced
1/2 Cucumber, diced
10 ml Light honey mustard dressing
Salt
Pepper

After chopping up all the ingredients simply combine them in a bowl and add salt and pepper and dressing and enjoy. I love how easy this one is to prepare and is great for lunches at work.

For an alternative you could use a can of tuna instead of chicken breast or even a can of chick peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment