Sunday 17 February 2013

Banana Soft Serve with Cacao hot fudge sauce

I'm obsessed with banana ice cream. If you haven't heard of it before it is ice cream made out of bananas that have been chopped up and placed in the freezer and then blended with a food processor or hand stick blender. I've now taken this further and bought a Yonanas machine which makes it even better as it makes it smoother and you can add things like dates and nut butters.

I've made banana ice cream a few times before and it has always been delicious but this time I wanted to make a healthy chocolate sauce to go with it. I saw one on Powercakes blog which looked amazing and decided to adapt it.

I ended up making it twice with 2 different ingredients for the chocolate and both were good so I'll give you both recipes.

Hot Fudge sauce with Cacao
Servings: 1, Serving size: the whole batch, Calories: 40 Calories

Ingredients:
5g Raw Cacao Powder
1 Tbs Water
1-2 drops stevia

1. Combine the cacao, water and stevia in a microwave safe bowl or mug.
2. Heat for 30 secs, stir and enjoy on top of banana ice cream.
3. If the mixture isn't thick enough return to the microwave for 20 seconds.



Hot Fudge sauce with Chocolatte
Servings: 1, Serving size: the whole batch, Calories: 20 Calories

Ingredients:
5g Chocolatte (low calorie drinking chocolate)
1 Tbs Water

1. Combine the Chocolatte and water in a microwave safe bowl or mug.
2. Heat for 30 secs, stir and enjoy on top of banana ice cream. (or as I did in the picture banana and berry ice cream)
3. If the mixture isn't thick enough return to the microwave for 20 seconds.

To add some extra crunch and delicious flavour to your ice cream try adding some coconut flakes for garnish. Both are good, I preferred the chocolatte one as it is sweeter but I'm going to experiment more with the Cacao.

No comments:

Post a Comment