Sunday 24 February 2013

Coconut Chia Pudding with Sour Cherries

There's nothing I like more since I switched to healthy eating as a lifestyle than breakfasts I can prepare ahead of time for the whole week. I'd read multiple recipes on overnight oats and had them before but wanted a recipe that used all chia seeds rather than oats to have more protein in my first meal.



I found Loving Earth Sour Cherries in the health food shop and thought I would try incorporating them into my breakfast. They are low in calorie and I read a recent article that said eating cherries is meant to assist you with a better sleep. Since I don't always have the greatest sleep anything that can give me a boost I'm on board with.

(Sorry for the not great photo, I promise I'm getting a better camera soon!)

Coconut Chia Pudding with Sour Cherries
Servings: 1, Serving size: all of it, Calories: 185 Calories per serve

Ingredients:
1 Tbs (15g) Chia Seeds
150g Chobani Non Fat Greek Yoghurt (or any greek yoghurt)
15g Sour Cherries
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 drops Liquid Stevia
1/4 Cup Water1/2 Tbs Coconut Flakes


1. Combine chia seeds and yoghurt into a small container.
2. Add sour cherries, cinnamon, stevia and water.
3. Stir well making sure chia seeds are mixed thoroughly through. The texture may be a little watery but don't worry the chia seeds will soak up the extra moisture.
4. Add coconut flakes to the top.
5. Let sit overnight, wake up and enjoy.

I usually make 4-5 of these for the week and have them in my fridge ready to go for a quick breakfast. When I eat it I give it a good mix and sometimes add another drop of stevia but it depends how sweet you like your breakfast, the cherries are quite sour so sometimes some extra sweetness helps offset this. I also usually mix the coconut flakes through when I actually eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment